[ANN] LB Booster version 1.84 released
I'm pleased to announce the release of LB Booster version 1.84; it may
be downloaded from here:
http://www.lbbooster.com/LBBRUN.exe (optional runtime engine)
This new version addresses a few issues which have been identified
since the last release, including:
1. The DATE$ function has improved compatibility with LB4, in
particular it will accept many more (undocumented) input formats such
as DATE$("Feb/29/2012"). DATE$ may also be used for validation, so
for example DATE$("Feb/29/2011") returns zero because 2011 was not a
2. INPUT# and INPUTTO$() have improved compatibility with LB4 when the
file being read has non-standard line terminations (for example LFCR
rather than CRLF).
3. LBB is no longer confused by a variable called Tab or Tab$
appearing in a PRINT statement.
4. TRAPCLOSE now works correctly when the destination is a 'numeric'
label, such as "trapclose ".
5. File specifications may now contain spaces following a directory
delimiter, for example "C:\ path\ filename" (where there is a space
after the backslash).
6. LBB will now accept assigning a *numeric* variable to a structure,
without reporting a 'Type mismatch' error, for example 'numvar =
7. 'AS STRUCT' is now treated identically to 'AS PTR', and the two may
be used interchangeably. This appears to be the case in LB4.
8. 'AS HANDLE' is now accepted in structure declarations and CALLDLL.
9. A bug which sometimes affected the use of BYREF parameters has been